Monday, February 28, 2011

Nagel Inspired

Okay, so I haven't posted in a very long time. Well, it's because I haven't been working on foodography so far this year. I wanted to take a break from it, and I wasn't sure if I should post about it on my blog (since the title...) but today I decided, "Yes, yes I will post on this blog!"

Anyways, the series is inspired by the print artist Patrick Nagel. You all might know him best for the Duran Duran "Rio" album art :)
There are two sets within the series, the first set being photographic recreations of Nagel's pieces. For example, the image below is a recreation of a Nagel print I have (it is also the first one I finished!)



The second set are images that are inspired by Nagel's style, but are my own creations, such as the one below.



I was interested in how his flat, idealized images of women translated when turned into photographs of real women painted to look the same. While I used photoshop for the backgrounds of the works and touch-ups, I actually painted the women to look the way that they do (right down to their hair).



To see the whole set (so far!) please visit my FLICKR

Also, look forward to some attempts at Roy Lichtenstein (wish me luck painting those!)

No comments:

Post a Comment